Goods and Services Tax (GST): GST is an indirect tax applicable throughout India which replaced multiple cascading taxes levied by the central and state governments. This was introduced as The Constitution (One Hundred and First Amendment) Act 2017 following the passage of Constitution 122nd Amendment Bill. The GST is governed by a GST Council and its Chairman is the Finance Minister of India. Under GST, goods and services is taxed at the following rates, 0%, 5%, 12%, 18%, 28%. There is a special rate of 0.25% on rough precious and semi-precious stones and 3% on gold.
Government has made the registration for GST compulsory. So, Every person is requested to register for the GST. In this article, we are here with you to share the proper procedure for the registration process.
Registration Process of GST | How to Register for GST
- You are required to fill up the Part-A of Form GST REG – 01. In this form, you are required to enter the details about your PAN Card, Email I.D, Mobile Number. After the completion of your form submit your form.
- After that your PAN Card will be verified on the portal of GST. Your mobile number and email address will be verified with one time password i.e, OTP.
- After that you will get an reference id on your registered mobile number or on your registered email address.
- When you get your application reference number on your email or mobile number, then fill up the Part-B of form GST REG 01. In this step, you are required to upload all the necessary or required documents.
- Now, Submit the photographs of the partners, managing trustee, proprietor, committee, etc and authorized signatory.
- Constitution of the tax payer as to the registration certificate, partnership deed, or other proof of constitution.
- You are required to give the proof of the additional place of business i.e, if your business is in own premises then you have to give any document in support of the ownership of your business. Documents can be Copy of electricity bill, Latest property tax receipt, etc. As for the rented lease you are required to give lease agreement along with the documents like Property tax receipt, etc.
- You are also required to give the proof regarding your bank account i.e, Scanned copy of the first page of pass book or any bank statement .
- Authorized forms for each of the authorized signatory and the upload authorization or copy of the resolution managing committee or board of directors (BOD) in the prescribed form.
This is all we have from this article about “GST Registration Procedure India- Step By Step Procedure“. Stay tuned for more.